Growing Outdoors at White Oak Elementary
Spring Trimester Has Ended! We’ll See You Next Fall!
Spring Registration Deadline – Wednesday, February 22nd
Spring Trimester Exploratory descriptions are listed below
- Spring Trimester Exploratories begin on Monday, February 27th.
- Exploratories will meet 9-10 times, depending on the day of the week and the grade level.
- Exploratories take place Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday each week.
- Exploratories are divided into two age groups: Kindergarten-Third Grade (TK option on Wednesdays!), and Fourth-Fifth Grade.
- Registration must be completed and submitted online.
*Please note that these are the exploratories being offered for the Spring Trimester (February 27 – May 11).
Click to View Your Registration For:
What are the Covid-19 Procedures for Growing Outdoors?
Following updated guidance from the CDC and the California Department of Public Health, masks became optional during Spring 2022 Growing Outdoors programs. As we enter the 2022-2023 school year, we will continue to monitor guidance and requirements, and adjust accordingly, as needed.
What are the additional LVUSD fees in my registration?
While we’ve built these fees into our exploratory costs in the past, we have made them separate to help you better understand what your payment is going towards!
Why a new After-School Enrichment Program?
A few features of the Growing Outdoors program:
- We have a Site Coordinator on campus from before the first program begins until the last child is picked up! The Site Coordinator will be reachable by phone while program is running, have a health form for each child, a first aid kit, student lists, and release/emergency information.
- There is a Growing Outdoors Exploratory Leader in each class! Our trained staff person is there to focus on the students’ well being, while the vendor or Program Specialist will handle the instruction of the activity. Our staff person can help with any individual or emotional problems that may arise, so the instructor can focus on the activity as a whole. They will also handle attendance and dismissal (don’t forget to bring your picture ID!) so you can be sure that your child is well cared for.
- The Site Coordinator and each Exploratory Leader will have a walkie talkie so additional assistance is only a walkie talkie call away!
- Registration and payment for all after-school exploratories happens online, making it easier for you!
What happens if my child participates in the YMCA after-care program?
If YMCA opens back up on campus at White Oak, then Growing Outdoors will return to our usual policy: At the end of each exploratory, Growing Outdoors staff will walk those children enrolled in YMCA program from their exploratory to the appropriate location.
Why aren’t there more options for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) students?
Why are the exploratories divided into trimesters?
What do I do if my child has to miss an exploratory day?
Why does registration close before the first day of each exploratory?
Why are the exploratories priced differently?
What does my exploratory tuition pay for?
There are many factors that affect Growing Outdoors exploratory prices! These might include:
- We have a Site Coordinator on campus from before the first program begins until the last child is picked up!
- There is a Growing Outdoors Exploratory Leader in each class! Our trained staff person is there to focus on the students’ well-being, while the Vendor or Program Specialist will handle the instruction of the activity.
- We are dedicated to offering the highest quality after-school programs to our families! Each exploratory has a Vendor or Program Specialist who provides specialized and exciting instruction. To make this possible, each has a fee of their own which makes up the bulk of our exploratory pricing.
- Each school district requires use rental fees for all indoor and outdoor exploratory locations. These fees go directly back to your school district!